Phillip E. Cushing
Phil is a member of the corporate practice group of Bartlit Beck, where he focuses his practice on M&A and related financing transactions. Phil also advises private equity funds, their portfolio companies and other public and private companies on a variety of transactional and general corporate matters. Prior to joining Bartlit Beck, Phil practiced in the corporate department of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City, where he advised financial institutions, private equity and hedge funds and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fund formations, credit facilities, securities offerings and securities laws compliance.
- Acquisition of Dealers Transmission Exchange. Represented Platte River Equity in its acquisition of Dealers Transmission Exchange, a leading provider of powertrain services to the mining, oil and gas, metals and wind generation industries.
- Acquisition of Sherrill. Represented Platte River Equity in its acquisition of Sherrill, Inc., a leading direct retailer and distributor of arborist tools and equipment.
- Sale of Profile Products. Represented Platte River Equity in the sale of its portfolio company, Profile Products, a leading manufacturer of erosion control, vegetative establishment, mulch and soil amendment products, to Incline Equity Partners.
- General Counsel to Profile Products. Serves as outside general counsel to Profile Products in a variety of strategic transactions and general corporate matters.
NOTABLE ENGAGEMENTS PRIOR TO JOINING BARTLIT BECK
- Represented a private equity firm in its sale of minority stakes in seven U.S. hotels to a foreign sovereign wealth fund.
- Represented a publicly traded insurance company in its sale of a majority stake in a direct-to-consumer insurance sales company.
- Represented a publicly traded Fortune 50 U.S. technology company in its strategic acquisitions of U.S. and India software development companies.
- Represented a strategic buyer in its acquisition of a majority stake in a leading international marketing company.
- Represented private equity firms in formations of, and fund raising for, various new funds ranging from $700 million to $3 billion.
- Represented a business process outsourcing company in its initial public debt offering of senior notes under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Represented the underwriters in a Fortune 100 U.S. food and beverage company’s record-setting public offering of floating rate notes.
- Represented the initial purchasers in a private offering of senior secured notes under Rule 144A and Regulation S to finance the acquisition of a chemical company.
- Represented the underwriters in a $2 billion foreign sovereign debt offering.