M. Robert Morrill
He is "extremely bright and knowledgeable – the full package in terms of understanding legal issues but with business aspects in mind."
- Chambers USA Client's Guide 2018
Rob focuses his practice primarily on M&A transactions, and has extensive experience representing private equity funds in leveraged acquisitions and dispositions. He also serves as principal outside counsel to several portfolio companies of fund clients, and advises clients on a wide variety of general corporate and transactional matters. Rob was named to The M&A Advisor’s 2012 40 Under 40 List and has been ranked in Chambers USA Client’s Guide each year since 2014.
Rob graduated from The University of Michigan Law School in 2001 and began his legal career at Mayer Brown LLP in Chicago, before moving to Denver and joining Bartlit Beck in 2005.
Rob serves as primary outside counsel to Platte River Equity, having represented the private equity firm in over two dozen M&A transactions in the industrial services, aerospace and transportation, metals, and agriculture sectors, including:
- Acquisition of Dealers Transmission Exchange, a provider of powertrain repair and maintenance services to the energy, industrial and mining industries
- Acquisition of Tiger-Sul Products, a supplier of sulfur fertilizers and crop performance products
- Acquisition of CTS Engines, LLC, a provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services for jet aircraft engines
- Acquisition of Profile Products LLC, a manufacturer of proprietary soil erosion control solutions and related products
- Sale of The WellMark Company to Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV)
- Acquisition of Wildcat Minerals LLC, a provider of oilfield consumables transloading and distribution services
- Sale of Global X-Ray & Testing Corporation to Intertek Group plc (LON: ITRK)
- Sale of Hetsco, Inc. to Global Power Equipment Group Inc. (NYSE: GLPW)
- Sale of PRV Aerospace, a roll-up portfolio of aerospace service companies, to Court Square Capital Partners
Rob’s other notable engagements include:
- Represented Mortara Instrument, Inc., a Wisconsin-based medical diagnostic and monitoring device company, in its $330 million sale to Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HRC)
- Represented Permian Basin Sand Company, a Texas-based frac sand supplier, in its $275 million sale to Hi-Crush Partners LP (NYSE: HCLP)
- Represented Lariat Partners, LP in its acquisition of Newpark Environmental Services LLC, a Texas-based provider of waste disposal services to the offshore oil and gas industry, from Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR)
- Represented Federal Signal Corporation in connection with its acquisition of VESystems, LLC, and the sale of the assets of Pauluhn Electric to Cooper Industries
- Represented First Reserve Corporation in the sale of its portfolio company Aquilex Corporation to Harvest Partners, LLC, and subsequently advising Aquilex on its acquisition of Southeastern Mechanical Services, Inc. and SMS Global, Inc.