Bartlit Beck Obtains Complete Defense Verdict for Monsanto in St. Louis Product Liability Case
Kat Hacker, Mark Ouweleen, Reid Bolton, Lindley Brenza, and Dawson Robinson, along with co-counsel Christine Miller from Husch Blackwell, secured a trial victory for our client Monsanto in a case alleging that Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer caused the plaintiff’s lymphoma. After a six-week trial, the jury returned a complete defense verdict, rejecting the plaintiff’s claims. The Plaintiff asked for $36 million in compensatory damages plus additional punitive damages.
Related Media Coverage:
- Bayer Wins 7th Defense Verdict Over Monsanto's Roundup Pesticide
- 'Roundup Does Not Cause Cancer': Another Jury Trial Opens Over Monsanto's Pesticide
Law360 (A Law360 Subscription is required to view)
- Monsanto Wins Roundup Trial Brought By Gardener
- Monsanto Rep 'Always' Considered Roundup Safe, Jury Told
- Roundup Was Likely Cause Of Plaintiff's Cancer, Jury Hears
- Monsanto Insider's Roundup Tune Got Rosier, Jury Hears
St. Louis Record
- Jurors find in favor of Monsanto in month-long St. Louis Roundup trial
- Defense takes over in Roundup trial, company toxicologist says the weed killer is safe to use
- Plaintiff recounts nightmare of cancer treatments in Roundup trial; Admits to burning medical records
- Florida toxicologist used to bolster IARC finding of Roundup as carcinogen in Roundup trial
- Opening arguments in Roundup trial: Defense says plaintiff 'has been cured for over 10 years'